Miri – 8 June 2012 – Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) will be holding the 7th Curtin University Technology, Science and Engineering (CUTSE) Conference at its campus on 6 and 7 November 2012.
The annual conference dates back to 2006 when the first Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering Conference was held in Miri. Since then, it has continued to provide participants an effective platform for the exchange of ideas, knowledge and information on the latest developments and innovation in the field of engineering and the sciences.
Each year, it attracts participation from a number of countries in addition to Malaysia and Australia, and last year’s conference saw the participation of 134 participants representing 21 countries and 140 papers were presented.
In recent years, the focus of the conference has been on finding eco-friendly and sustainable solutions to problems across all areas, and the theme for the 7th CUTSE Conference will be ‘Engineering Goes Green’.
Organised by the Department of Civil and Construction Engineering of Curtin Sarawak’s School of Engineering and Science in collaboration with The Institute of Engineers Malaysia, Miri Branch, the conference will allow researchers, engineers, scientists, academicians, industry professionals and students to share their research findings and initiate collaboration in their respective fields. Parallel sessions for mechanical, electrical, computer, civil and chemical engineering as well as the sciences will be hosted over the two days.
In addition, student participants will get the opportunity to present their research projects and gain valuable feedback from industry professionals. 13 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points will be awarded to professionals participating in the conference.
Papers on (but not necessarily limited to) the following topics of interest are invited:
• Environment, Energy and Resources: Renewable energy, fuel cells, wastewater treatment, produced water treatment, bioremediation, biotechnology, process integration, cleaner production technology, soft-soil sciences, petroleum geology, oil and gas applications.
• Structures, Materials and Manufacturing: Construction technology and management, construction and structural materials, structural design and analysis, geo-polymers, ceramics, nano materials, bio materials, polymers, composites, smart materials.
• Systems and Control: Adaptive, nonlinear and robust control; model predictive control, fuzzy logic control, control theory, control structure design, control applications, systems biology.
• Mechatronics and ICT: Mechatronics, MEMS design, robotic systems, wireless network, sensors and instrumentation, signal processing, various ICT applications.
• Engineering Science Fundamentals: Transport phenomena, heat mass transfer, multivariate statistics modelling, multiphase flows, numerical modelling, mathematical modelling, optimisation in engineering and science, computational fluid dynamics, GIS.
For those interested to participate in the conference, the deadline for abstract submission is 15 July 2012, and notification of acceptance will be by 31 July 2012. Full paper submissions are due by 15 August 2012, and final manuscript submissions by 15 September 2012.
The refereed conference proceedings will be published on CD-ROM prior to the conference and distributed to all registered participants at the conference. An award would be presented for the best paper.
Selected papers will also be considered for publication in special issues of refereed journals. Their selection will be carried out during the review process as well as at the conference presentation stage and the final decision will be made based on peer review reports by the guest editors and the Editor-in-Chief.
For more details on the 7th CUTSE Conference, visit www.curtin.edu.my/cutse2012/ or e-mail CUT[email protected]
For more information on Curtin Sarawak, call +60 85 443939 or visit its website at www.curtin.edu.my. Curtin Sarawak can also be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CurtinUniversitySarawakMalaysia.