Miri – 29 July 2013 – Abstract submissions for the upcoming 8th CUTSE International Conference being organised by Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) in December are due on 2 August 2013. The deadline was extended from 19 July 2013 due to popular demand from those interested to present papers at the annual conference.
Other important dates are the notification of acceptance of papers on 16 August, full paper submissions by 6 September, and final manuscript submissions by 4 October. Early bird registrations must be made before 25 October.
The conference, to be held on 3 and 4 December 2013 at the university’s campus in Miri, will be the eighth edition since the first in 2006. Since the inaugural conference, it has continued to provide participants an effective platform for the exchange of ideas, knowledge and information on the latest developments and innovation in the field of engineering and the sciences.
Each year, it attracts participation from a number of countries in addition to Malaysia and Australia, and last year’s conference saw the participation of 122 participants representing 10 countries and 170 papers were presented.
In recent years, the focus of the conference has been on finding eco-friendly and sustainable solutions to problems across all areas. The 8th CUTSE International Conference, themed ‘Science, Sustainability, Solutions’, will continue this focus.
Organised by the Department of Science and Foundation of Curtin Sarawak’s School of Engineering and Science in collaboration with The Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), Miri Branch, the conference will allow researchers, engineers, scientists, academicians, industry professionals and students to share their research findings and initiate collaboration in their respective fields. Parallel sessions for mechanical, electrical, computer, civil and chemical engineering as well as the sciences will be hosted over the two days.
In addition, student participants will get the opportunity to present their research projects and gain valuable feedback from industry professionals. Papers on, but not necessarily limited to, the following topics of interest are invited:
• Environment, Energy and Resources: Renewable energy; fuel cells; wastewater treatment; produced water treatment; bioremediation; biotechnology; process integration; cleaner production technology; soft-soil sciences; petroleum geology; oil and gas applications.
• Structures, Materials and Manufacturing: Construction technology and management; construction and structural materials; structural design and analysis; geo-polymors; ceramics; nano materials; bio materials; polymers; composites; smart materials.
• Systems and Control: Adaptive, nonlinear and robust control; model predictive control; fuzzy logic control; control theory; control structure design; control applications; systems biology.
• Mechatronics and ICT: Mechatronics; MEMS design; robotic systems; wireless network; sensors and instrumentation; signal processing; various ICT applications.
• Engineering Science Fundamentals: Transport phenomena; heat mass transfer; multivariate statistics modelling; multiphase flows; numerical modelling; mathematical modelling; optimization in engineering and science; computational fluid dynamics; GIS.
The refereed conference proceedings will be published on CD-ROM and distributed to all registered participants at the conference. Furthermore, selected papers will be published in special issues of the journal of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (WASET).
The conference’s keynote speaker will be Associate Professor Sow Chorng-Haur, Vice Dean (Research), Faculty of Science, Department of Physics, National University of Singapore.
The main sponsors of the event are Offshore Industries Sdn. Bhd.; Dayang Enterprises Sdn. Bhd.; Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water (KeTTHA) and AlbertLim Motors Sdn. Bhd. The conference committee is inviting more parties to take up sponsorship for the event and those interested can e-mail organising chairperson Dr. Khor Ee Huey at CUTSE2013Secretary@curtin.edu.my.
For more details of the conference, visit www.curtin.edu.my/cutse2013/ or e-mail CUTSE2013Secretary@curtin.edu.my.
For more information on Curtin Sarawak, visit its website at www.curtin.edu.my, its Facebook page at facebook.com/CurtinUniversitySarawakMalaysia, Twitter profile at twitter.com/curtinsarawak, YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/CurtinUniSarawak, or Instagram at instagram.com/curtinsarawak.