Miri – 24 July 2012 – Due to overwhelming requests, the deadlines for the submission of papers for the 7th Curtin University Technology, Science and Engineering (CUTSE) Conference to be held on 6 and 7 November 2012 at the Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) campus have been extended.
Those interested to submit papers have until 1 August 2012 to submit abstracts of their papers, and following notification of acceptance by the conference organisers by 15 August 2012, have until 15 August 2012 for full paper submission. Final manuscripts are to reach the organisers by 21 September 2012.
In 2006 the first CUTSE Conference was held in Miri and ever since then, it has continued to provide participants an effective platform for the exchange of ideas, knowledge and information on the latest developments and innovation in the field of engineering and the sciences.
Each year, it attracts participation from a number of countries in addition to Malaysia and Australia. Last year’s conference saw the participation of 134 participants representing 21 countries and 140 papers were presented.
In recent years, the focus of the conference has been on finding eco-friendly and sustainable solutions to problems across all areas. The 7th CUTSE Conference, which is themed ‘Engineering Goes Green’, will continue this focus.
Organised by the Department of Civil and Construction Engineering of Curtin Sarawak’s School of Engineering and Science in collaboration with The Institute of Engineers Malaysia, Miri Branch, the conference will allow researchers, engineers, scientists, academicians, industry professionals and students to share their research findings and initiate collaboration in their respective fields. Parallel sessions for mechanical, electrical, computer, civil and chemical engineering as well as the sciences will be hosted over the two days.
In addition, student participants will get the opportunity to present their research projects and gain valuable feedback from industry professionals. 13 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points will be awarded to professionals participating in the conference.
Papers on (but not necessarily limited to) the following topics of interest are invited:
• Environment, Energy and Resources: Renewable energy, fuel cells, wastewater treatment, produced water treatment, bioremediation, biotechnology, process integration, cleaner production technology, soft-soil sciences, petroleum geology, oil and gas applications.
• Structures, Materials and Manufacturing: Construction technology and management, construction and structural materials, structural design and analysis, geo-polymers, ceramics, nano materials, bio materials, polymers, composites, smart materials.
• Systems and Control: Adaptive, nonlinear and robust control; model predictive control, fuzzy logic control, control theory, control structure design, control applications, systems biology.
• Mechatronics and ICT: Mechatronics, MEMS design, robotic systems, wireless network, sensors and instrumentation, signal processing, various ICT applications.
• Engineering Science Fundamentals: Transport phenomena, heat mass transfer, multivariate statistics modelling, multiphase flows, numerical modelling, mathematical modelling, optimisation in engineering and science, computational fluid dynamics, GIS.
The refereed conference proceedings will be published on CD-ROM and distributed to all registered participants at the conference. An award would be presented for the best paper.
Selected papers will be published in Scopus indexed journals. They will be published in special issues of World Academy of Science, Engineering + Technology (WASET), Pertanika, Global Journal of Technology and Optimisation, and other journals. Their selection will be carried out during the review process as well as at the conference presentation stage. The final decision will be made based on peer review reports by the guest editors and the Editor-in-Chief.
For more details on the 7th CUTSE Conference, visit www.curtin.edu.my/cutse2012/ or e-mail [email protected]
For more information on Curtin Sarawak, call +60 85 443939 or visit its website at www.curtin.edu.my. Curtin Sarawak can also be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CurtinUniversitySarawakMalaysia.