Miri – 10 June 2013 – Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) will be hosting the eighth edition of the Curtin University Technology, Science and Engineering (CUTSE) International Conference at its campus from 3 to 4 December 2013.
The annual conference, which was first held in 2006, provides a platform for the dissemination of knowledge and information on the latest innovations and practices in engineering and the sciences. It is jointly organised by Curtin Sarawak and The Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), Miri Branch.
The conference’s focus is on finding eco-friendly and sustainable solutions to problems across all areas of the disciplines. The theme of the conference this year is ‘Science, Sustainability and Solutions’.
It also allows participants to engage in constructive dialogue on concepts, ideas and technology, as well as provides an excellent avenue for researchers, engineers, scientists, academicians, and professionals from industry to share their research findings and initiate further collaborations in their respective fields. In addition, student participants will get an opportunity to present their research projects and get valuable feedback from professionals in their relevant fields.
Parallel sessions in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Civil and Chemical engineering as well as in different science disciplines will be hosted over the two days.
Last year’s conference saw the participation of 122 delegates from 10 different countries and a total of 170 papers were presented.
Papers that would be accepted for this year’s conference include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
• Environment, Energy and Resources: Renewable energy; fuel cells; wastewater treatment; produced water treatment; bioremediation; biotechnology; process integration; cleaner production technology; soft-soil sciences; petroleum geology; oil and gas applications.
• Structures, Materials and Manufacturing: Construction technology and management; construction and structural materials; structural design and analysis; geo-polymors; ceramics; nano materials; bio materials; polymers; composites; smart materials.
• Systems and Control: Adaptive, nonlinear and robust control; model predictive control; fuzzy logic control; control theory; control structure design; control applications; systems biology.
• Mechatronics and ICT: Mechatronics; MEMS design; robotic systems; wireless network; sensors and instrumentation; signal processing; various ICT applications.
• Engineering Science Fundamentals: Transport phenomena; heat mass transfer; multivariate statistics modelling; multiphase flows; numerical modelling; mathematical modelling; optimization in engineering and science; computational fluid dynamics; GIS.
Those interested to present papers at the conference are requested to submit their abstract submissions by 19 July 2013. Those selected will be notified by 2 August 2013, and thereafter, they are expected to submit their full papers by 16 August 2013, and full manuscripts by 20 September 2013.
The refereed conference proceedings will be published prior to the conference and distributed to all registered participants at the conference.
Selected papers will be considered for publication in refereed journals. The selection will be carried out during the review process as well as at the conference presentation stage. The final decision will be made jointly by guest editors and the Editor-in-Chief based on peer review reports.
The conference organisers are seeking corporate sponsorship for the event and those interested to know more about sponsorship opportunities can also contact Dr. Khor.
For more information on Curtin Sarawak, visit its website at www.curtin.edu.my, its Facebook page at facebook.com/CurtinUniversitySarawakMalaysia, Twitter profile at twitter.com/curtinsarawak, YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/CurtinUniSarawak, or Instagram at instagram.com/curtinsarawak.