A self-motivated student with an inquiring mind, Cheryl has shown determination to succeed in her craft in Advertising. With her ability to think critically, Cheryl has demonstrated her strength in conceptualisation to present ideas from a creative perspective. She constantly sought out fresh and new ways to communicate advertising messages, evident in her project works and consistent good academic performance.
Cheryl comes across as a well-mannered, helpful and approachable person. She has good interpersonal skills and worked very well with fellow classmates in group projects, including the NAFA Open House. She is always ready to help out in the department’s activities, taking on leadership roles and embracing responsibilities. Cheryl found time to participate in competitions actively and won the Crowbar Awards 2012 and 2013.
Cheryl is a model of a good designer, who is humble, consistently performs well, professional and practises good work ethics.
Awards and achievements
- 2 Golds, 5 Silvers, 3 Bronzes, The Crowbar Awards (2013)
- Tan Chay Bing Entry Scholarship (Degree) (AY2013/2014)
- NAFA Scholarship (Diploma) (AY2012/2013)
- Tan Chin Tuan Scholarship for Creative Education (Diploma) (AY2011/2012)
- Lee Foundation Entry Bursary (Diploma) (AY2010/2011)
- 3rd place, ‘Obitcheery’ Competition organised by the Lien Foundation Singapore / Mandate Advertising International (2013)
- Silver, The Crowbar Awards (2012)
- Awarded Top 5, ‘Eco Music Challenge’ Season 2 Album Cover Design Competition organised by National Environment Agency (2011)
- 3rd prize, ‘Digital Art’ portable Hard Drive Design Competition organised by Seagate Technology Singapore (2012)
- Participated in Crowbar 24-hour Advertising Challenge (2012)