（15 June 2016, Wednesday）Typically between April and June each year, various design tertiary institutions in Singapore will hold an annual graduation show for their students to showcase their work as they reach the pinnacle of their hard work.
The oldest tertiary arts institution in Singapore, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) also partakes in this yearly affair. Usually held in June, their graduation shows are a spectacle of the many courses offered within the school. Held at the many galleries and open studios on campus, visitors can marvel at everything from the visual arts and fine arts, fashion design, object and furniture designs, and landscape and interior designs.
In recent years, NAFA has taken a step further to hold an additional graduation show on top of the main one. With this edition named The Grad Expectations 2016, this is where you can find all the graduates of that year. This other showcase, titled the Best of Best Show, is an exhibition of a curated selection of the best ideas and works by the graduating diploma and degree cohorts from the School of Art and Design – works that demonstrate design thinking and artistic creativity at their best.
Vulcan Post met up with the graduates of the show to see first-hand the new generation who will influence the future of our local creative industries, their works, and also ask what got them being to the ‘best of best’.
This article featured 11 graduates from the School of Art & Design:
- Allen Joshua Velasquez Mungcal – Diploma in Design (Landscape & Architecture)
- Ang Kian Hoe – Diploma in Fine Art
- Bryan Chng Jing Siang – Diploma in Design (Landscape & Architecture)
- Danny Yong Rong Da – Diploma in Graphic Communication
- Kam Ming-Hui, Joycelyn – Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Fashion and Marketing
- Joshua Marc Lee – Diploma in Illustration Design with Animation
- Loau Lu Yi – Diploma in Design (Furniture and Spatial)
- Muhammad Nhawfal Bin Juma’at – Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Fine Art
- Nature Shankar – Diploma in Fine Art
- Tan Jie Min – Diploma in Fine Art
- Tan Pei Xuan – Diploma in Illustration Design With Animation
Media: Vulcan Post
Full article here: